About Me

I am 32 years young, mad mummy of 3 (10, 17 &19), wife to Paul (for 10 years), new qualified Learning Disabilities Nurse and owner of lots of animals!

Wednesday 5 May 2010

zumba #...7?

I'm starting to lose track! lol

we knew it was gonna be busy again, Lauren had posted on FB after her monday class that by 6:35 Lyna was already having to turn people away, we got to Ayr dance studios at about 6:20 and we weren't the first in line by far! it's total madness!

though hopefully we're getting a new, bigger venue soon - fingers crossed!

once again, as usual, loved the class - we did the squats in this one and OMG my legs were killing me last night! they weren't sore - but just this dull constant ache, more akin to growing pains kinda discomfort. I stretched them out numerous times but it was still gone 5am before I got to sleep - it was one of those awful nights were my body was exhausted, but my mind was still very much awake.

We hung around after class and gave Lyna her birthday cards ( it's her birthday today - Happy Birthday, Lyna!) and just got chatting about everything and nothing. I showed her my top I'd customised and she liked it so much that she asked me to do one for her! I love doing creative stuff and I've always sorta regretted not being able to get into a line of work where I can really apply that side of me.



in 2006 I hand made Caelan a Captain Feathersword costume (that's from the Wiggles, if you didn't know!) and I am still hugely impressed with it - I made the waistcoat from a shawl from a charity shop, the hat and the sword from a pair of old joggers, the shirt from one of the elder boys old school shirts and some old net curtain - it took me the best part of 2 weeks just to sew the sequins on to the front and pockets of the waistcoat, let alone the ones all around the brim of the hat! and when i say I made it by hand, I quite literally mean by hand - I don't have a sewing machine!

We told Lyna how we're planning on going to the thursday class, as friday's class isn't on, and she told us to be there for about 5:15! blimey... so Mel's coming around to here, and then we're leaving for Kilmarnock no later than 4:30.... total madness it is!

anyway.... time is ticking on, I need to get more caffeine into me if I'm going to have any hope of getting any study done today, and I've got a thyroid blood test at 3:30 - oh the joys...

oh and yes I will post up a pic of the top I did, just it's in the wash at the mo.... got a tad sweaty at class last night!

No comments: