About Me

I am 32 years young, mad mummy of 3 (10, 17 &19), wife to Paul (for 10 years), new qualified Learning Disabilities Nurse and owner of lots of animals!

Tuesday 25 May 2010

just a wee catch-up

i do apologise, my brain has been like mashed potatoes of late, i can't remember when I last wrote or what I even wrote about..

ok i'll start with what's freshest in my head.

I passed my sociology essay! 66% :) it's about what I was expecting - my 2 workbooks had been 64% and 68%, so I am quite happy :)

I've also done another top for Lyna, after class yesterday she gave me one of her actual proper Zumba tops to go to town with, have to say i was really quite hesitant in taking scissors to this one... these aren't £1.50 tops from Primark!

Loved Zumba yesterday, OMG it was so much fun! being in a big hall, having air... having men walking by staring through the windows which resulted in Lyna flashing them.... was such a giggle!

Before class had started me and Mel had been stretching out... now... despite carrying a wee bit of insulation I am still pretty flexible, Lyna kept calling over to me but i couldn't make out what she was saying but I had a feeling it would involve me feeling pain (it usually does when it comes to Lyna!) so I pretended not to notice, at which point she came over and whispered i my ear about putting my leg behind my head! yup... i was right.

Class was great, was lovely have room to move and air to breathe (and no horrid mirrors! yay!) only bad part of the class was when we got made to do the squats again because some weren't doing it right - I could bearly stand by the time she was done with us!

anyway - great evening, typical Paul I asked him to bring Caelan to the hall and so was waiting and waiting, just to find he was waiting next to my car... zumba now clashes with Kieren's cadets so Paul now brings Caelan to me after class while he waits about for Kieren to finish.

My brain has been totally thrown with Zumba now being on a monday instead of a tuesday, I keep thinking today is wednesday.... gonna take a while to adjust to this...

placement tomorrow and thurs and friday morning - I have moving and handling part 2 (slings and hoists) on friday 9:15-12:15, thankfully it's just across the way from the unit I'm in so I'm gonna go into placement for the 2hrs in the morning as otherwise my total run over the 5wks is short by just 1hr. I am hoping we get out a bit early so I can go to zumba, but I aint holding my breath - they'd really be needing to let us go no later than 12 if I've any hope of getting there in time as it's about a 45min drive back to ayr, I shall take my stuff just in case though.

hum.... what else.... I dunno if there's anything else to report...

oh yes! I got a call from my docs surgery yesterday saying my blood results were back and that the doc wanted to speak to me about them... now I'd already got my thyroid bloods back which were satisfactory, so this must have been my thyroid antibody test - which i was told I'd only be contacted about if there's a problem.

cue the worrying.

doc was meant to phone today but actually phoned last night, turns out my antibody levels are high - which is sign that sooner or later I will go hypo, but she said it's just odd that while my antibodies are so high, my actual thyroid level is within normal limits, whereas my last 2 bloods had come back borderline... so it's just a case of more blood tests to keep an eye on it... fun.

yup i think that's about it now... toodles for now!

No comments: