About Me

I am 32 years young, mad mummy of 3 (10, 17 &19), wife to Paul (for 10 years), new qualified Learning Disabilities Nurse and owner of lots of animals!

Sunday 9 May 2010

and the nerves are starting to kick in...

well it's been a few days since my last post, nowt interesting has been going on, just revision really.

Paul got me drunk last night - I am quite a lightweight when it comes to alcohol so it didn't take much to get me there - but the benefit of that means no hangover the next day! it's funny looking on FB the statuses I was posting! it seemed to give quite a few of my friends a giggle too! Paul ruined it though, he decided to have a fried egg butty at about 1am and the smell completely turned my stomach, so I ended up losing a fair amount of the wine i'd drunk!

I've got my physiology exam tomorrow, I am feeling OK about it - I know a good amount of stuff and technically I don't need to pass this exam to pass the module.

Looking forward to seeing my uni friends again :) the exam is 9:30-10:30 so me and Mary are going to go out for lunch afterwards - go back to brewhaha for some proper loose leaf tea! yay :)

Psychology exam, on the other hand, I am seriously bricking it about, I understand a lot of it in its application in practice, but remembering names of people and their theories, the critisisms of the theories etc etc... urgh :(

We should be finding out tomorrow where our next placements are, we were meant to be getting told on friday, but typically for Caley, there was a delay of an unspecified nature. We start placement #3 next tuesday!

I'm getting zumba withdrawal, I can't believe I have to wait till friday for my next class! I've had my dancing shoes on today and have been doing a few moves about the kitchen when I've been taking my breaks, but it's no comparison to a proper class.

I've done a wee demo of the top I'm making for Lyna - am pretty sure now what I'm doing - I just hope it turns out OK! Mel seems to like it, so that's a good sign. I have really been enjoying making these tops, I find it so relaxing and I've loved getting back into being creative - nursing is very hands on, but there's not much room for creativity in the profession. I think it's been just the thing I've needed with these exams coming up to keep me sane!

No comments: