About Me

I am 32 years young, mad mummy of 3 (10, 17 &19), wife to Paul (for 10 years), new qualified Learning Disabilities Nurse and owner of lots of animals!

Tuesday 18 May 2010

busy busy busy

well - I've been quite busy lately, mainly I've been either working on designs for tops for once my fabric paint arrives, or I've been working on the actual physical design of the tops.

I've got 2 cut and stitched so far. quite pleased with them thus far.

I've so been enjoying designing and making these tops - i've always had a wee creative streak in me so it's really nice to be able to utalise that skill every once in a while - and if people are willing to pay me to do it, then who am i to complain?

had Uni yesterday, module introduction in the morning and then placement 3 briefing in the afternoon. it's gonna be a very busy, quick 3 months!

we have our title for our essay now - it's on communication - instantly everyone in LD was a lot happier as communication is a big, big thing in our sector, esp when it comes to the barriers to communication and how to overcome them- which is the main focus of the essay. To be honest, I do feel as if we may have a slight advantage over the other branches for this one! most of my first nursing essay was on communication and i got 76% for that.... so I am reasonably confident about it. it's 2000 words, which is our biggest so far, but no-one seemed overly phased by it. i can now also go back and dig out my reference list for my communication bits. this time they're looking for between 10 and 20 references, but my 1st essay I had 19 anyway, so I'm not too worried about that bit of it either.

I've got Zumba tonight, do I need to say I'm looking forward to it or does that go without saying now? gonna be aiming to get there for about 6, we arrived at 20 past 2 weeks back and there was already quite some queue, I just hope the weather holds.

God I'm cold today.

appetite has pretty much gone back to being non existant, speaking of which, i'm trying to get through to my docs about my blood test results (yes i actually remember!) but no-one is answering.

got through, bloods have come back satisfactory... odd, i would have placed money on them being borderline or below this time around, considering how I've been feeling lately. appetite still really hasn't fully returned and I'm still really quite tired.

I'm under orders to walk to pick Caelan up from school today, it's walk to school week and Caelan is taking it to the letter!

oh well at least it'll help get me stretched out before class tonight.

gonna have to leave about 5:30ish, not picking Mel up today, she's meeting me there, otherwise i would have been having to set off from here about 5:10 for a class that starts at 7! it's madness! but we have now got a bigger venue, so all is good - just not sure when the move is gonna take place.

Tuesdays aren't usually too bad for me, the classes are too busy for Lyna to pick on me! lol

I start placement 3 tomorrow, 7:15 start but have been advised to get there no later than 6:45 if i want any hope of getting a parking space anywhere near the hospital (hospital grounds is permit or 4hr visitor only). I'm gonna have to get up at about 4:30, which means I'm prob only gonna get 4 or 5 hours sleep, but there's zero point in going to bed early if I end up just lying there awake for hours on end. Hopefully Zumba will wear me out a bit...

i need to try and remember to look on SHELCAT (NHS scotland library) for communication books...

No comments: