About Me

I am 32 years young, mad mummy of 3 (10, 17 &19), wife to Paul (for 10 years), new qualified Learning Disabilities Nurse and owner of lots of animals!

Monday 3 May 2010

creative creations

I had a bit of a creative evening :o)

Lyna had showed us (me and Mel) last week how she modifies her own tops for class after Mel had enquired about them (Lyna: "you just cut it", Mel: "how do you do that?", Lyna: "..... with scissors" hehehe classic!) - I then later went on to find an instructional video on how to do it on the Zumba Scotland FB page.

Now I gave it a go first on a cotton vest top - it turned out ok but I quickly discovered it really needs to be an elastic blend of material otherwise the cut strips just doesn't roll right.

Ah-ha! lighbulb moment! I have a couple of nice coloured elasticy vest tops in my cupboard which I never wear coz they've got a stupid in built bra which couldn't even support a B cup....

so out it comes, out come the scissors and the inbuilt bra bit gets removed and away I go again.

very pleased with the results, i am now refusing to show Mel how it turned out until tomorrow as she was being mean to me and telling me i should be studying (can't a girl have a little fun?!)

No comments: