About Me

I am 32 years young, mad mummy of 3 (10, 17 &19), wife to Paul (for 10 years), new qualified Learning Disabilities Nurse and owner of lots of animals!

Friday 30 April 2010

ow!

another very enjoyable Zumba class today, not as busy as last week and no-where near as busy as we were expecting it to be!

couple of different routines again today, really felt it in my abs. Co-ordination was OKish today, I think I need to learn how to loosen up a bit for these sorts of moves -majorettes, which I did when I was little, was quite stiff and rigid movements - so need to try and get out of that.

come the end doing the stretches - we were doing the touch the floor, legs spread stretch - and Lyna came up to me and started pushing me lower! OMG I swear I thought my legs were going to snap off! I almost had my forearms on the floor as it was! my inner thighs were screaming at me! lol

but that said, after we'd finished up and once i tentatively managed to get down the stairs with legs that felt like jelly, I was back to dancing down the street (to be fair, I had wanted to dance up it too before class but held myself back)- yeah no matter how much Zumba wears me out, it also gives me a huge buzz too which lasts for hours! Mel and I had a nice ice lolly in the car... which I managed to get all over me and gave Mel quite a laugh.

I've kept up with the stretches since I've got home in the hope I wont be sore tomorrow - I am really quite chuffed I could stretch so far! and I'm ALWAYS chuffed when I manage to get the end of a class without having wimped out at some point!

No comments: