About Me

I am 32 years young, mad mummy of 3 (10, 17 &19), wife to Paul (for 10 years), new qualified Learning Disabilities Nurse and owner of lots of animals!

Saturday 24 April 2010

frustrations....

i am getting a bit frustrated with myself in Zumba class.

a lot of the moves i can do - some i feel i can actually do quite well and I think I put a lot of effort into - adding that little bit more rhythm (yes that might surprise some but i do have a sense of rhythm!) or hip wiggle to, but there are some moves....

there's a couple of moves we do, usually towards the end of the hour, which involves the arms being flung in one direction and the legs going in the other, when I watch Lyna and the others in the class do it, I can totally work out in my head what my limbs should be doing, but for some reason my limbs just don't want to co-operate! either my arms will do the right thing, or my legs, but rarely both at the same time. it's SO frustrating! but thankfully i know when to laugh at myself rather than get worked up about it :o) but it's frustrating none the less...

but to end on a more positive note, I'm dead proud that when we touch our toes right at the end, after the 2nd breath in and out - i can get my forehead to touch my knees! and no my knees aren't bent either! :o) for a size 16 and well over a stone overweight, I've still got a fair amount of flexibility!

No comments: