About Me

I am 32 years young, mad mummy of 3 (10, 17 &19), wife to Paul (for 10 years), new qualified Learning Disabilities Nurse and owner of lots of animals!

Wednesday 28 April 2010

zumba #5

after hearing from Lauren that the Irvine class got to the extent that it was so busy Lyna was having to turn people away, I made plans with Mel to pick her up quite a bit earlier so that we'd get there in good time.

despite me getting stuck behind every bus and every old biddy on the road, we got there a little after half past 6, Lyna's now only letting people in through the buzzer system and taking money at the door so she can keep track on the numbers. We were among the first there, along with 2 other girls - we got chatting to Lyna and she was explaining about the fruitless search to find a bigger space and that she feels keeping it first come first served is the fairest way to do it - which we agree with.

I still have to giggle when I remember this, Lyna approached me and said how she was on my FB page, and saw that I have a son who's 14 (he's actually 15 beginning of next month!)... but working it out with my age... hehe! one of the benefits of having a step-son only 13 years younger than you is that you get a lot of weird looks and questions (i must be the only person on earth who views that as a benefit! lol) - I still love going to pick the boys up from school if they're ill and I get scanned by the receptionist and then usually get a comment of "you're WAY to young to be his mum!" lmao! I think it's aided by the fact that in the school environment they refer to me as their mum... i guess it's such a messy situation it's better to keep it that way, it's still pretty much accepted for kids to have fathers who they aren't in contact with, but it's still quite an unusual situation for kids to have absent mothers. Anyway, they've lived with me and Paul full time now for nearly 9 years, they were only 4 and 6 when they came to stay with us - I don't even know if Kieren remembers all that much about his mother....

anyhooo.... class was once again really busy last night, Lyna did have to end up turning some people away which is a real shame, but for health and safety a line has to be drawn somewhere.

it was REALLY hot in the dance studio too, come the end all the mirrors had misted up! the studio doesn't have any direct doors or windows to the outside, unlike the jennie campbell studio. I was sweating buckets and my top was sticking to me big style - it was quite gross really!

I had a really good workout and my co-ordination wasn't too bad either - I've not got those more tricky moves licked yet but I'm getting there.

come the cool-down... this was my time to shine - I love how flexible i still am! (I showed Mel that I can actually still do a crab before we started class!) but balance wise... I'm pretty crap - I was wobbling about all over the place and it seemed to set of something of a chain reaction with even Lyna losing her balance in the end and giving me that frightening glare she does. hehe. note to self: use Mel for stability next time!

Now I do have to admit, Lyna was right with the stretches - I really put a lot into them and I am actually OK today! I was a bit pessimistic and made comment that it doesn't matter if we stretch or not, we're still sore the next day... so I take that back Lyna, you were right.

We stayed behind a bit so Mel could ask Lyna about doing a sponsored Zumba, I plonked my arse down in front of the fan for a while which was luuuuuuuuuuurvly, and then Lyna attacked us with body spray... think that was a nice way of saying we were a bit stinky! hehe. Oh and it's official, Lyna does work up a sweat during class along with the rest of us, and she changes her top - so she practices what she preaches at the beginning of every class. I am most definitely going to bring a change of top to next class... and although contracting pneumonia would be a good excuse for getting my exams put back a bit, Lyna's threatened to not let us back in if we make ourselves ill - so it's not worth it!

No comments: