About Me

I am 32 years young, mad mummy of 3 (10, 17 &19), wife to Paul (for 10 years), new qualified Learning Disabilities Nurse and owner of lots of animals!

Saturday 24 April 2010

squats

oh jeeze, oh lord... OW!

i've mentioned in my Zumba posts about the dreaded squats, and i just thought I'd give it a go again thinking 'surely it isn't as bad as I remember it being?!'

it is.

i lasted the best of 3 seconds before my legs began screaming at me 'no more! no more!'

so it's true what they taught us in psychology: that if there's someone of authority telling you to keep going with something even if you find it painful/unpleasant, you are more likely to keep going than if left to your own devices... just instead of men in white coats with their electric shock boxes, it's Lyna with the dreaded squats!

how the hell I managed to do it for any length of time in class though is absolutely beyond me!

No comments: