About Me

I am 32 years young, mad mummy of 3 (10, 17 &19), wife to Paul (for 10 years), new qualified Learning Disabilities Nurse and owner of lots of animals!

Friday 25 February 2011

I am car-less!

ok so after the car played about yesterday i was anticipating it maybe giving me a bit of problem today.

what i was not expecting was for the damn thing to refuse to start!! turn the key and it chuggs and couple of times then dies.

i am absolutely beyond fed up with this car - we've had it about 7ish months and it's just been one problem after the other, it's cost us an arm and a leg in repairs just these past 3 months alone!

it's a fab wee car to drive, i love having power steering, i love having a fan with more functioning settings than 'off' or 'on full blast', i love having a heater that doesn't take half an hour to heat up, I love being able to go from 0-60 in seconds rather than minutes...

but I miss my micra, I miss the reliability, I miss being confident in parking, i miss wing mirrors that aren't those daft magnifying things, i miss being able to see to the end of the bonnet, i miss things rarely ever going wrong with it and when stuff did go wrong it was cheap to repair - 10 years we've had the micra and it's probably cost us less in repairs in all that time than what the modus has cost us in 7 months!

of course i only discovered the car refusing the start as I was packing Caelan in to take him to school... so we had to foot it- which is somethig i really wasn't enthralled with considering the hurt from toning on weds is starting to kick in...

i was also planning on going into town today to take my phone in for repair (touchscreen not working) and to pick up some joggies for this weekend and some more smartish tops for starting placement next week, i was even considering going to the lunchtime Zumba class... but without a car there'd be no way i'd get back in time. plus Caelan wanted school dinner today but I could only find enough money for D and K so I had to give D my last remaining fiver and give C D's coins.

i was really planning on a relatively chilled day today.... best laid plans, eh?

I am away most of this weekend, I'm up at Hampden Park for sports injuries first aid training.

that's another thing which has annoyed me lately... i am a 2nd year student nurse and to have got past 1st year i needed to show competence in CPR etc for the NMC to allow me to progress to 2nd year... but when it comes to insurance for Zumba, it means nothing - i need an actual 1st aid certificate - and while I do actually have an emergency 1st aid, it runs out in about 2 weeks.

so i figured if i *have* to do a 1st aid course (insurance companies don't specify which, but all the courses cover basic life support), I may as well do one where I'll learn something new - and since the sports injuries course was only £6 more than the emergency course, i figured, why not? learn more about the things I'll be of more chance to encounter- bone and soft tissue damage, rather than burns, scalds, poisioning etc

it's a 2 day course (12hrs in total, vs only 4hrs for the emergency course) so it's gonna be a long weekend, but it should be interesting... i hope!

and of course after this i'm gonna have to get a first aid kit to take to classes.... gosh so much to think about...

No comments: