About Me

I am 32 years young, mad mummy of 3 (10, 17 &19), wife to Paul (for 10 years), new qualified Learning Disabilities Nurse and owner of lots of animals!

Saturday 12 June 2010

sore sore sore!

we did a straight through class at Zumba on thurs, boy it was hard work- esp as we did all of the manic songs AND the squats, I have NO idea how I made it to the end, but I did :) the atmosphere was bloody electric! had the most amazing time :)

I got yelled at again, but hey, what's new? lol. it was during the squats, I knew I wasn't doing them all that great at all, but my legs had completely given up by that point, so I just took the yelling and prayed for the end to come quickly... it's really not right how much pleasure that woman gets out of inflicting pain on others! lmao!

no class on fri due to dance exams, AF decided to show up for the first time in nearly a year, so I was pretty much incapacitated anyway...

today we went up to Whitelee wind farm - it's the largest wind farm in europe with 140 turbines, now... I always knew they were big, but OMG you don't really appreciate quite how massive they are until you're standing right underneath one! if you've ever watched the movie 'Contact', the big machine they make - well the turbines make a noise not too dissimilar to that, it was quite scary for a bit! we went for a bike ride there, which went OK- Caelan struggled quite a bit with the hills, his bike really is too small for him now which I think is half the problem, but we can't fit the stabalisers onto the bigger one because of it having gears.

I quickly figured out why it is mountain bike riders tend to ride standing up - OMG my arse is SO sore, and my bike is a proper mountain bike with really good suspension too! am searching ebay for one of those gel seat cover things. but apart from the sore bum, really enjoyed the bike ride :)

I was afraid about falling off as I've not actually been on a bike ride for.... well... a lot of years, but I was fine - up until we were leaving the main wind farm section back to the car park, pushing the bike through the gate I caught my ankle on the pedal, which has spikes to grip your shoe - it ripped quite a bit of skin off, cut quite deep in a couple of places and it's bloody stinging! - Paul's got all manner of bike repair stuff now which he faithfully carries about with him, but did he even have as much as a plaster of a first aid kit with him?!

we went into the visitor centre afterwards where we had a bite to eat and drink, they have a wee exhibit there about the turbines and a little craft section where kids can make these little pin-wheel things, but OMG all I did was ask Caelan if he wanted a shot and the lady running it totally snapped at me saying "now just hold on!" that she was doing it in groups and he'd just have to wait! I'm sorry I didn't realise making pin-wheels was so amazingly complicated that you couldn't just help the kids out as and when! *rolls eyes*

no matter how nice a day is, there's always someone who spoils it...

so anyway, I'm home and I'm sore! sore bum, sore thighs and a sore ankle - yes I'm looking for sympathy! lol I'm not holding out much hope of being able to walk come tomorrow... prob a good thing that I wont be able to get to Zumba until thurs this week....

oooh - I passed my Physiology exam :) 77% which considering I bearly revised at all for it (I was too concerned with psychology) I am bloody chuffed with! I've passed the module with 84.75% :)

still waiting on psychology results, they should be out this week, as should our next placement details - but I aint holding my breath on either!

No comments: