About Me

I am 32 years young, mad mummy of 3 (10, 17 &19), wife to Paul (for 10 years), new qualified Learning Disabilities Nurse and owner of lots of animals!

Saturday 27 March 2010

well hello there!

well i think to start with i'll start off with a little introduction :)

I'm Laurie and I'm 28.

I've been married to Paul (30-something) for just over 6 years now.

We have 3 boys between us, Paul has 2 from a previous relationship (Duncan is 14, Kieren is 13) and we have 1 together (Caelan, 5).

I LOVE my animals, we practically have a zoo in our house :) we have 2 dogs (Robbie, 14, and Sophie, 4), a tarantula (stevie), a snake (boysnake), a ferret (Sammy) and 16 giant african snails!

I am a fully qualified Nursery Nurse, but after moving house and not being able to get a nursery job for love nor money, I moved over to care of the adult, more specifically, learning disabilities.

I worked at a residential school for young adults with low functioning autism for 6 months and then moved on to working for the Hansel Alliance in early 2008, working with 4 young adults with profound learning disabilities and complex health needs.

I completed my SVQ3 in Health and Social Care while working for Hansel and decided that I was ready to move on to something new and exciting, but with residential care, moving up the ladder means going into a desk job.... sooooooo... I applied to University to study Learning Disability Nursing.

So here I am now, I'm nearly 7 months into my training and all is going great :) I have made some amazing friends and have rarely though it not worth it (i have to travel 40 miles each way to go to uni!)

No comments: